Sunday, September 2, 2012

August, 2012

Typically, this is the month with most of the road bike races. For me, it was Tour De Bowness, the mid-week time trial, and Jason Lapierre Memorial weekend. (I opted out of the Provincial Time Trial because I didn't feel like yet another trip up to Edmonton.)

The end of the season proved to be successful for me again. I've gotten the vast majority of my upgrade points in the final races; this year I managed 32 pts in the last 2 days alone, bumping me out of cat 4.

Next up is cyclocross season. I'm starting to put in some solid base building mileage again, as well as taking the knobby-tired cross bike out for some technical rides. Assuming my knee is not seriously wrecked (tweaked something badly in the final kilometers of a 180km ride yesterday,) I should be ready for a good season of cross.

Stats for August
  • Run: 4 runs, 35 kms, 3 hours
  • Bike: 33 rides (3 cyclocross rides), 1,101 kms, 39:14 hours, 6,796m elevation gain

1 comment:

  1. Your season was a successful one!! Congratz buddy, looking forward to seeing how you do with cyclocross as well this year. Hopefully your knee is ok.

    ReplyDelete