- <800 kms this month. Quite low due to races, rain, and recovery (aka healing).
- Took part in 2 stage races, 6 races total. Top placement, 6th in JayLap RR and Omnium.
Damage Assessment, 15 days after "the crash"
- Handlebar re-taped, and re-tightening of loose bolts.
- Scratches on paint and hoods, rubber casings on order.
- 90% of road rash has scabbed and cleared up.
- Only deeper sections on elbows and knee remain.
- Left pinky finger feels a bit more damaged, as I still have reduced mobility, and acute aching when stressed (such as typing the Shift key on my keyboard).
- Right shoulder still has a "sweet spot" that reminds me of the impact.
- Left knee, while at about 90% mobility and feeling better, may still have some impact damage, as I feel a hint of it occasionally.
Very likely have I concluded all racing for the year, so will post a racing-year-in-review thread in the coming weeks.
I may try to get in a short running race sometime in the fall, say half-marie or less, but my run training has dwindled in the past month, so I don't expect anything amazing.
Also, I'm actively resting for the coming weeks, in order to be refreshed for winter training / commuting, and heal up my skin and bones!
Need to start thinking about my off-season plan this winter. Can't simply bike to work without a plan. The miles are good, but I'm gonna need more structure, and definitely some long, continuous rides throughout on the trainer.